Thursday 6 October 2011

Mock Ups

The first mock up which I have created consists of an image of Crystal Castles which I have then edited and added text in an attempt to create something which looks like album artwork. As my band does consist of a female and male due I feel that using an image such as this means that it will be highly inspirational. The use of the masks is something that I am very keen on also. In this mock up I have made use of the whole image across the layout of the artwork itself. If I was to do this, I would like to use a similar idea which would be capturing the two artists in a completely random location. On  this particular cover I have incorporated the band and album name into the picture very subtle, such like it has always been there. If I was develop this idea further for my final digipack, this is a convention I would like to follow. 


Secondly, I have created a quick mock up taking inspiration from albums such as James Blakes and The Horrors. This mean taking an image and adding a blur motion to create the effect shown above. On this particular image I have used an image which was taken of the two artists last year. So this gave me a good idea of how the two may look together in a photo such as the one above. I think the effect itself on a photo like this fits into the electronic genre well. As we expect the genre to usually be upbeat featuring 'jumpy' elements, a cover such as this reflects the elements of the electronic genre. E.g. Speed. In this mock up I have used a simplistic, legible font which has then allowed me to use a fairly small size. The reason I feel this works well with the image is because the two simplistic elements compliment each other resulting in a minimal abstract piece and overall making the piece aesthetically pleasing to look at due to the so little going on. I like the idea of differentiating the name of the album from the band name like I have above. The black panel behind 'Wildfire' allows the piece to have a slightly eye catching nature even though the writing itself is very small. I feel that this mock up is one that I would like to develop further when creating my final piece. 

Lastly I have taken inspiration from one of my album analysis' 'The Kills'- 'No Wow'. Even though No Wow did work perfectly for the genre of indie/rock I feel by making the image much more abstract and mysterious I have been able to incorporate elements of electronica into the piece and also create a sense of continuity still with the idea of missing identification taking place. I have once again used the image of my two artists which was previously taken by Julia last year. Like before, I have made use of the motion blur effect but very much like on the kills album, split the image into two to then create single identities for each artist within the duo. For this particular piece I have also changed the image into black and white and I felt it was much more realistic than in colour seeing as it had to sit upon a background. After changing the colourings of the image itself this made it an easy decision to decide what colour the text needed to be. To show a sense of continuity and profession I have added a simplistic white block text which is once again easily legible and ensures there isn't too much going on as the accompanying image is fairly busy in the nature that it appears to be moving. I do like this cover, although I feel that on my final, I will want to include a touch of colour to the piece, so if I wanted to develop this, it may mean testing new colour schemes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment