Tuesday 4 October 2011

Album Artwork Inspiration

I have chosen to use this Foals 'Antidotes' CD front cover as something that I may find inspirational throughout the process of creating my own digipack. When taking a first glance at this artwork it is something that strikes me as slightly unusual but in addition, simple yet affective which is a style I think I may be possibly aiming towards. The ever so simple sketch which is located central of the cover is amplified by the colourful mesh of colours 'rammed' into the mouth which adds a slightly odd feel to the cover all of a sudden. The simplistic 'handwritten' style of the band name and album itself is something I am very fond of.


Although this isn't an official album cover created by the 'Yeah Yeah Yeahs' this featured as the artwork on the single release of 'Zero'. Once again taking the simplistic idea and turning it into something slightly fascinating and out of the ordinary is what I enjoy about this work. Using a normal aspect such as a pair of lips and turning the image into an interesting focus with the addition of an eyeball which a pattern has also been incorporated to add to the abnormality a touch more. Relating this to my own genre of electronica is something that would work if I was to create something similar, as in relation, the Yeah Yeah Yeah's are a band which have previously created music with electronic features and styles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment