Thursday 6 October 2011

MOCK UPS



Above is a mock i've created using photoshop. The image was sourced from the internet and I have edited it further. Colour wise I think the vibrancy and high contrast works well, creating an almost psychedelic feel to the image, this would represent the genre well. The content of image also links to our music video storyline, the characters will be wearing masks/ headresses similar to the paper bags used in this photo. The font positioning and style are similar to that of the 'Foals' albums. I prefer white fonts as they are easy to see and read against the coloured background. To create a more personalized lettering style I have used a space between each letter, I feel that this works well, giving the cover a finishing touch.  The cover below is basically the same however I have edited a different photograph.                                                                      
 The covers below are create using the same concept, however I have altered the lettering position. I like this font position equally as I think it creates a formality to the cover. The font position I choose to use will depend solely on the image contents layout. This photograph below's colours have been altered to look as if they're unattural, I'm fond of this style as it would suit the genre and overall image of the band. Both images are grainy, creating an almost vintage look, this combined with either the masks or vibrant colour or both combined will create a binary opposit of vintage and modern.

No comments:

Post a Comment