Wednesday 12 October 2011

Magazine Ad Analysis


After taking a long while to come across  suitable magazine adverts that have a slight connection with the style that I would like to incorporate I have chosen to analysis one of The Horrors early album magazine advertisements. Taking a glance at the layout of the piece, this is something that I would like to follow the style of closely. I am fond of the large text identifying and revealing the band name and clearly stating the name of the album which is a convention I feel needs to be delivered to the audience clearly as this is what the over piece is advertising to the audience. 
I think the concept of the image overtaking the majority of the page works well. Using the same image that was used as the album art work for the digipack is something that is very common throughout magazine adverts. This is something that I will be mimicking when creating my own magazine advert. I believe this makes the process of the advertising continuous and keeps the design of the overall package looking slick. The simple monotone colour scheme suits the genre of band which continues the gloomy, dark image they already deliver to their audience. The once again very basic writing that is used to publish the release date of the album just sits well acting as a caption for the image. The font is still fairly large but smaller than the header font which stands in place as a 'title' for the advert. The highlighting in the middle of the image lights up the poster on a whole which is a contrasting idea to the dark colours the advert revolves around. 
Overall I thoroughly enjoy the over all persona this advert gives out and feel it works well in relation to the band and the genre itself and advertises the music correctly in relation to the genre itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment