Thursday 6 October 2011

Ideas- Album Cover

Just to get an idea of what I may want my album cover to look like, I have very quickly created a few mock ups in Photoshop using photos from the internet and adding the band name in an attempt to create something similar to album artwork. 


I firstly create a quick mock up taking inspiration from albums such as James Blakes and The Horrors. This mean taking an image and adding a blur motion to create the effect shown above. This is something I am very fond on and will consider once editing my own photos. I have kept the writing on the cover to a minimal, just exposing the band name, this font was just something to play around with, therefore fonts are something I am going to consider depending on how 'busy' my image is.

Secondly, I have taken an image which contains masks. As we are making good use of masks throughout our music videos, this is something I will definitely be considering when creating my own digipack. Additionally, there is a slightly different effect of blur motion used on the image to create a completely different effect to the one above. I like the idea of incorporating the masks and blur motion into one image but this is something I will have to test after taking my own photos. Even though I have only used a very simplistic font, which acts as a caption for the image, when accompanying an image as busy as this, I believe it works fairly well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment