Thursday 3 November 2011

Feedback Analysis

Digipack 
After creating our mock up digipacks we have now received feedback on the digipack itself and the magazine poster. The feedback that I received was fairly positive so I will therefore be persevering with the overall scheme and idea that I have used for my drafts. Evidently, I will be making quite a few changes, but overall, hoping to keep the house style and image that I originally had in mind when creating my first mock up. 


Firstly, the main and immediate adaptation I will be making is the inside middle panel where the actual CD would be located. The issue that was drawn up surrounding this panel was the idea that the black stood slightly out of place amongst the rest of the bluey/grey colour scheme I had chosen to use on every other panel of the 6 sided pack. To resolve this issue, I am going to make the simple adaptation of continuing to use the blue colour on the back panel. Something that I will be playing around with is removing the band name and just featuring the album title. Or in contrast, removing the album title and incorporating the band name onto the CD panel. Making a final decision on this will be purely based on a testing process to see which works well and continues the overall house style of the magazine. 


The other changes that have been suggested for the final digipack are fairly minor. Something that was pointed out was maybe to remove the band name from the middle outside panel (the back.) As I will already have the name displayed on the front panel and the middle inside, the band have already been clearly identified and any additional identification seems needless. When this has been removed it once again emphasises the idea of the bands image being simplistic but effective. In relation to band/album name,  suggestion that has been put forward was to maybe consider increasing the size of the font on the front panel. Although, as I am attempting to keep the vibe very simplistic, this is something that I will have to play around with as I do feel that it currently works well. Deciding whether to increase the font size will depend on how in proportion the front panel looks as a whole.


The last improvement that will evidently be making to my digipack is incorporating my own photos into the pack. Currently, the 3 inside images on the pack are not my own, but this is something I will be adapting when my own photos have been taking. Although, I will be using my own photos, the image of the two artists on the fold over image panel will mimic the one I have currently used, this also applies to the two photos on the inside right and left panel, these will be single images of the two artists, following the idea of hidden identity which is a strong theme throughout my digipack and overall video. 


Magazine Advert
As a whole, I received positive feedback on my analysis which only minor suggestion to improve my marks. This is something I was pleased about as I was hoping to continue with the style of poster I originally created as my draft due to it's 'mysterious' nature which is a theme I am attempting to continue throughout the project. 


I will need to add the bands record company 'Young Turks' logo to the poster somewhere, this will just make the piece look slightly more professional and additionally, mimic the logo which is presented on the digipack. Where abouts I choose to locate the logo will most likely be in a corner somewhere which it is fairly small and not particularly noticeable, but I will have a play around with this when creating my final. 


Something else that was suggested was to maybe have a play around with the font sizing of the band name and artist, and additionally the date which is located at the bottom. This will once again be something that is decided when creating the final as I will have to test out many different styles to see which continues and suits the overall 'look' of the poster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment