Thursday 3 November 2011

Album Advert Feedback Analysis

Magazine Ad.





















    The feed back I recieved was generally positive. To ensure I retain a good grade for these elements I need to keep the standard of this draft up and improve where I can to achieve a good grade. To provide the appropriate image for the ad, I will proceed to take many more photographs of model (Pat) using a variety of different stances outfits and masks to cinch the correct look for the ad. The band cosists of two members and here I have just shown on. I think this works well as it looks almost like a 'mugshot'. I will, however, take some experimental shots using both members to see what effect this gives.The simplicity of just one member works well and fits with the style im trying to create.

     I'll then go on to choose a couple I deem as suitable for the page and edit on photoshop. This should change the mise en scene of the image, making it fitting for the band, and also linking to the digipack I will create. The editing and mise en scene in the image above I think works quite well, however it doesn't link well to my digipack which shows more of a pink/warm tone to the images as opposed to the blue/cool tones used on this photograph. I am happy with the pose used here, and I think the simplicity of the plain paper bag works well, however I am interested to see how a different mask, (Rabbit head) or a face on the bag would change the image.

     To make the advert as believable and professional as possible I need to ad all finishing touches. These include more text at the very bottom showing a website, record label and logo. I will experiment as to where I will position the additional text, but for now I imagine I will add it as the same font in a smaller size, size 12-14 approx., positioned at the bottom of the page as one continuous line.

     Other elements I could add are a rating from a magazine which relates to the target audience, 'NYLON' or 'NME' magazine parhaps. I do feel, however, that this additional text could over crownd and detract from the simplicity of the page. Or, on the other hand, I could add a copyright and date as I have done on the back cover of the digipack, this, in theory, shouldnt overcrowd the ad. as it would be extremely small in the bottom of the lower third of the page. All this extra information makes the advert genuine  which is one of the most difficult things to create, a beleivable advert.

      To improve this copy above I must align all text to make the overall effect look neat and tidy. I'm happy with the text font and size, the positioning works well on the image however the page could end up looking a little 'bottom heavy' once I have added the extra text and detail at the bottom. I will do some 'experimental' copies to work out the best text positioning I can get to ensure I am happy with the final draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment